Saturday, August 11, 2007

Saturday


Terrific rehearsal today with the director. He finally workied through all the marching-blocking for the men, of which 5 were present today, up from 3 yesterday (counting me).
Robert noticed that I am limping so my marchng is irregular. This is just a bad habit I picked up while my calf was injured and I just have to practice out of it. And swing my hands correctly.

The dollar is so weak: England is frigging expensive. $400 bought me only £167
More to the point a pint of beer costs £2.5! This can run up a bill in a hurry.

Went to the G&S Memorabilia fair today. Lots of old sheet music and posters for high prices.
I did talk to a British group call Generally G&S (Retford, UK) that is doing a modernized Princess Ida, with the Princess as a Goth, the 3 warriors a bikers, King Gama as a fading rock star and King Hildebrand and Prince Hilarion in stuff 3-piece suits. I'd love to see how it works, but its rather a long trip back.

2 comments:

Vaughn said...

Hi Dad,

Don't spend all of your 167 pounds at the pub! Enjoyed your pictures and commentary and hope you have fun. Soren, Linus, and I had a great day walking around Westport and romping around the yard.

Voggan

Vaughn said...

P.S: Stretch your calf! ;)